For all its faults, Youtube does have some extraordinary material, such as this Danish documentary on the music scene in London’s Soho in 1967.
It starts with a very atypical 30’s style duet from Martin Carthy and Dave Swarbrick, followed by commentary in Danish up to about 3:35, then:
- Live performances from not Davy Graham, but Marc Sullivan, but certainly showing Davy Graham influence, and Wizz Jones (possibly)
- Some shots of Carnaby Street, backed by Beatles
- Back to the folk club for John Renbourn
- A street interview (in English)
- Bert Jansch and John Renbourn jamming in their shared flat, while an unknown friend sits in the background, doing a crossword!
- An interview with a painfully shy Bert Jansch
- Finishing up with some (much more typical) jigs and reels from Carthy and Swarbrick
Martin Carthy and Dave Swarbrick still play together, the clip below being from a UK folk festival in 2009 (10 years after Swarbrick’s premature obituary in the UK Daily Telegraph!):